Saturday, December 3, 2011

Every little cell in my body is happy.... Every little cell in my body is well!


 So, chances are, if you read my last post, you might be wondering what a Rainbow Gathering is. Well, may your cuiosity now be satiated!
A Rainbow Gathering is basically an event that happens at various times throughout the year, all over the world. It's a magical time when like minded people gather in nature and live communally for about a month. Rainbow people are all family, no matter where they come from, where they are going, how old they are, the colour of their skin or what they do with their life. When you arrive at a Rainbow, you will be greeted with a hug and a 'Welcome Home!' Can't remember someone's name? You just call them 'brother' or 'sister' and there's no hard feelings. Rainbow Gatherings don't cost a cent but you are encouraged to donate to the Magic Hat, with all the procedes going to buy neccesary supplies, such as food and toilet paper. You are also asked to help with the various missions that need to be completed, such as cooking, serving food, gathering firewood, and digging new Shit Pits... and yes, that is what you think it is!

People with knowledge to share or activities to facilitate are welcome to give workshops and at night there is usually a drum circle or two going and maybe even a few games around some side fires.
Squeezin around the fire

Meals are all shared together, and everyone is alerted to the impending nourishment by hearing the call of 'FOOD CIRCLE....NOW!!' the family joins hands in a circle around the main fire, singing beautiful rainbow songs and giving thanks to whomever one wishes for the food and family. I was also fortunate enough to participate in a ladies-only sweat lodge, which was a really beautiful and bonding experience.
Massive amounts of food! Yum :)


I really enjoyed my time at the Rainbow Gathering, I met some wonderful new people that I shared interests with and felt totally at home in this way of life. I only spent a week and a bit there, but definitely consider myself a part of the beautiful Rainbow.
Some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard

No comments: